noun (plural crimes passionnels pronunc. same)
- A crime, typically a murder, committed in a fit of sexual jealousy.More example sentences
- The Italian court won't grant a divorce, but a crime passionnel warrants a judicial wink and a nod.
- He declared himself spellbound by something uniquely French, the crime passionnel, or crime of passion.
- As in France, Monégasque justice is very lenient to what is called crime passionnel.
early 20th century: French, literally 'crime of passion'.
More definitions of crime passionnelDefinition of crime passionnel in:
- The British & World English dictionary