- 1(Of a person) unable to walk or move properly; disabled: a crippled old manMore example sentences
- In the same way Hawking, trapped in a crippled body, is physically ensnared but has mentally transcended this barrier to achieve greatness.
- He also had a mother crippled by arthritis and a father who was so ill he and his brother made almost daily visits to their parents.
- In fact, it's apparent that he's an intellectually crippled man who deserves our mercy and compassion rather than our scorn.
- 1.1(Of a machine) severely damaged: the pilot displayed skill and nerve in landing the crippled planeMore example sentences
- In years gone by a car or bike crippled on the downward journey ended the penny section with a DNF attached.
- There is a crippled freighter as well with 22 people floundering around somewhere offshore.
- Fuels spewed for six days from the crippled vessel before it went down today.
See cripple (usage)