- A period during someone’s development in which a particular skill or characteristic is believed to be most readily acquired.More example sentences
- The early adolescent years are a critical period for social skill development, especially for children at risk for social failure.
- It has been suggested that there is a critical period for sex role development and that father absence during this period has long-lasting negative effects.
- Due to the fact that adolescence is a critical period of development, examining the adjustment process of adolescents is especially relevant.
More definitions of critical periodDefinition of critical period in:
- The British & World English dictionary