Definition of crocus in English:
noun (plural crocuses or croci-kī-sī)
A small, spring-flowering plant of the iris family, which grows from a corm and bears bright yellow, purple, or white flowers. See also autumn crocus.
- Genus Crocus, family Iridaceae
- Indulge yourself - or treat a friend - with instant plantings of colorful tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, crocuses, Iris reticulata and other spring flowers.
- Your hyacinths, tulips, daffodils, crocuses, and grape-hyacinths can be saved for planting in the garden.
- Spring-flowering bulbs such as tulips, crocuses, hyacinths, daffodils, and irises are universal symbols of spring.
Words that rhyme with crocusArchilochus, Cocos, focus, hocus, hocus-pocus, locus
Definition of crocus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.