Definition of crombec in English:
A small African warbler with a very short tail, and gray or green upper parts with rufous or white underparts.
- Genus Sylvietta, family Sylviidae: several species, in particular the (northern) crombec (S. brachyura)
- The four species of longbills are mostly forest birds with longer bills and tails than crombecs, and mostly very drab in plumage.
- New birds will come thick and fast - woodpeckers, kingfishers, barbets, tinkerbirds, widows, cisticolas, apalis and prinias, crombecs, various sparrows and canaries.
- This tour saw all of the possible weavers and crombecs of Kenya.
Definition of crombec in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan