- First cousins who are children of a brother and sister. Compare with parallel cousins.More example sentences
- In the times before Christian influence, the preference in some Polynesian societies was for cross-cousin marriage - a woman would marry her mother's brother's son or her father's sister's son.
- Marriages are usually arranged, and cross-cousin marriages are preferred.
- Marriage unions that create family alliances and concentrate land, wealth, and status, such as preferential cross-cousin marriage, are favored in many Micronesian societies.
More definitions of cross cousinsDefinition of cross cousins in:
- The British & World English dictionary