A note or cross reference in a book or list that refers the reader to other material.
- There are also alphabetical cross indexes.
- This is a cross index for all listed stories in all known zines by some authors.
- To facilitate such a search, I have created a cross index to the patterns.
verb(cross-index) [with object]
Index (something) under another heading as a cross reference: [as adjective]: a cross-indexed file
More example sentences
- He obtains the information and cross-indexes it with the names of new car buyers.
- I've cross-indexed the stuff I've been inputting.
- The purchasable monster Master Catalog of 35,000 video, laser discs, and DVD items is cross-indexed by title, director, and subject matter.
Definition of cross index in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.