- The transfer of infection, especially to a hospital patient with a different infection or between different species of animal or plant.More example sentences
- Infection control measures help to minimise cross infection.
- He published many papers on cross infection in hospitals.
- The guidelines also address issues that may be common to all travellers, including the risks of dehydration, thromboembolism, and cross infection.
More definitions of cross infectionDefinition of cross infection in:
- The British & World English dictionary