- Used to emphasize the truthfulness and sincerity of what one is saying, and sometimes reinforced by making a sign of the cross over one’s chest.More example sentences
- Just tell me the truth and I cross my heart, I won't tell anyone else in the world.
- Our cows, cross my heart, have the choice of their own vets while local horses have no need to wait for elective surgery.
- ‘I can tell you with the utmost truth, cross my heart and hope to die and all the rest of it, one Sunday night we heard Tokyo Rose and her propaganda broadcast,’ says Don, now aged 75.
More definitions of cross my heart and hope to dieDefinition of cross my heart and hope to die in:
- The British & World English dictionary