- A reference to another text or part of a text, typically given in order to elaborate on a point.More example sentences
- There, that information could be collated with other profiles, to create a social network map of blog cross references.
- The entry concludes with cross references to other articles.
- I wanted to find out about money-laundering, so I pressed Google and followed a complex web of cross references.
verb[with object] (usually be cross-referenced) Back to top
- Provide with cross references to another text or part of a text: entries are fully cross-referencedMore example sentences
- The comprehensive database and cross-referenced web site provides a platform for further discourse and analytical study.
- His superb appendix provides an exhaustive guide cross-referencing Williams's works and biblical references.
- The book is fully cross-referenced and has a useful Thematic Index along with a clear and valuable Introduction.
More definitions of cross referenceDefinition of cross reference in:
- The British & World English dictionary