Definition of cross reference in English:
A reference to another text or part of a text, typically given in order to elaborate on a point.
- There, that information could be collated with other profiles, to create a social network map of blog cross references.
- The entry concludes with cross references to other articles.
- I wanted to find out about money-laundering, so I pressed Google and followed a complex web of cross references.
verb[with object] (usually be cross-referenced) Back to top
Provide with cross references to another text or part of a text: entries are fully cross-referenced
More example sentences
- The comprehensive database and cross-referenced web site provides a platform for further discourse and analytical study.
- His superb appendix provides an exhaustive guide cross-referencing Williams's works and biblical references.
- The book is fully cross-referenced and has a useful Thematic Index along with a clear and valuable Introduction.
Definition of cross reference in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan