Definition of cross-stitch in English:
1.1Needlework done using cross-stitches.
- The exhibition featured bobbin lace, patchwork and quilting, cross stitch, canvas work embroidery, macramé, and even miniature furniture.
- Also, the craft group have a nice selection of cross stitch pictures, candles and other attractive items on show.
- I have a version, done in cross stitch by an old friend, on a shelf near my desk.
verb[with object] Back to top
Sew or embroider using cross-stitches: (as adjective cross-stitched) a cross-stitched pillow
More example sentences
- Women often sit on their front porches knitting for their families, or cross-stitching or embroidering the bodices for their traditional dresses.
- We were given opportunities to ride, knit, crochet, cross-stitch, and weave.
- I was cross-stitching in a chair on the lawn when he approached me.
Definition of cross-stitch in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan