Definition of cross-stitch in English:
1.1Needlework done using cross-stitches.
- The exhibition featured bobbin lace, patchwork and quilting, cross stitch, canvas work embroidery, macramé, and even miniature furniture.
- Also, the craft group have a nice selection of cross stitch pictures, candles and other attractive items on show.
- I have a version, done in cross stitch by an old friend, on a shelf near my desk.
verb[with object] Back to top
Sew or embroider using cross-stitches: (as adjective cross-stitched) a cross-stitched pillow
More example sentences
- Women often sit on their front porches knitting for their families, or cross-stitching or embroidering the bodices for their traditional dresses.
- We were given opportunities to ride, knit, crochet, cross-stitch, and weave.
- I was cross-stitching in a chair on the lawn when he approached me.
Definition of cross-stitch in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.