Definition of crosscourt in English:
(Of a stroke in tennis and other racket sports) hit diagonally across the court: [as adjective]: a crosscourt volley
More example sentences
- He throws in an emphatic backhand volley and a fine cross-court forehand as he holds without dropping a point.
- He hit a backhand cross-court winner to end the first set.
- His hits his strokes cross-court and down the line.
nounBack to top
A crosscourt stroke in tennis and other racket sports.
- A series of high crosscourts to his backhand flank resulted in loose replies.
- He preferred an aggressive game based on length drives, deep crosscourts, and attacking boasts.
- She gets good torque on her backhand rails and crosscourts.
Definition of crosscourt in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan