Definition of crosshairs in English:
1A pair of fine wires or lines crossing at right angles at the focus of an optical instrument or gun sight, for use in positioning, aiming, or measuring.
- It has been used on a limited basis for fishing nets and for wound dressings, and for cross hairs in optical instruments.
- She had a collection of mailed death threats, one featuring her picture in the cross hairs of a rifle scope.
- I finally line up the target and position the cross hairs.
1.1A representation of crosshairs on a computer screen.
- Instead of turning the character with the left analog stick, the crosshairs just move around the screen.
- When I bring up the software and open a drawing, my crosshairs are invisible.
- Inside, he saw the world on a blue screen with dancing targeting crosshairs that were awaiting things to eliminate.
Definition of crosshairs in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan