Irritable: he was tired and crotchety
More example sentences
- Papa has always been a crotchety, grouchy, grumpy yet extremely lovable old coot.
- Call me a crotchety curmudgeon, but I started on this book with two mental blocks.
- Now, at almost 60, she has grown into a crotchety, cantankerous old woman who, nonetheless, has a deeply sensitive underside and a great affection for the children she minds.
bad-tempered, irascible, irritable, grumpy, grouchy, cantankerous, short-tempered, tetchy, testy, curmudgeonly, ill-tempered, ill-humored, ill-natured, cross-grained, peevish, cross, fractious, pettish, waspish, crabbed, crabby, crusty, prickly, touchy, snappish, snappy, cranky, ornery
- Example sentences
- It's about orneriness and crotchetiness and the petty conservativism of people who regard themselves as guardians of some sort of literary establishment but haven't really got a very good eye for syntactic generalizations.
- After all, one has a well-honed reputation for crotchetiness and the other is a bit eccentric.
- He may be younger than these men, but he has the gait and crotchetiness of someone older.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.