A foul-smelling oil, formerly used as a purgative, obtained from the seeds of a tropical Asian croton tree.
- The tree is Croton tiglium (family Euphorbiaceae)
More example sentences
- In the former case this procedure was followed by injections of croton oil and/or hydrocortisone, and in the latter case only by enough air to maintain the size of the original ellipsoid.
- Witch hazel also exhibited a strong antiphlogistic effect in the croton oil ear edema test in the mouse.
- The trial developed that administering arsenic and croton oil to old men was by no means the defendant's only foible.
Definition of croton oil in:
- The British & World English dictionary