Definition of croton oil in English:
A foul-smelling oil, formerly used as a purgative, obtained from the seeds of a tropical Asian croton tree.
- The tree is Croton tiglium (family Euphorbiaceae)
- In the former case this procedure was followed by injections of croton oil and/or hydrocortisone, and in the latter case only by enough air to maintain the size of the original ellipsoid.
- Witch hazel also exhibited a strong antiphlogistic effect in the croton oil ear edema test in the mouse.
- The trial developed that administering arsenic and croton oil to old men was by no means the defendant's only foible.
Definition of croton oil in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan