- A forest fire that spreads from treetop to treetop.More example sentences
- When that happens, a crown fire breaks out, and the forest can burn with destructive intensity.
- Sometimes a rapid crown fire singes pine cones hut the seeds inside are protected.
- But dead wood and saplings serve as a ladder for surface fires to climb into the canopy, where they become the blast furnace of wildfires: the crown fire, in which temperatures surge beyond 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit.
More definitions of crown fireDefinition of crown fire in:
- The British & World English dictionary