An Asian fritillary (plant) with a cluster of bell-like flowers at the top of a tall, largely bare stem.
- Fritillaria imperialis, family Liliaceae
More example sentences
- The spectacular crown imperial was introduced to western Europe from Constantinople in 1576… More
- These may include daffodils, tulips and crown imperials in May, to Scotch thistle and peonies in early summer through to late blooming phlox, rudbeckias and perennial sunflowers.
- Are the crown imperials just like the other spring bulbs where they need to die naturally before cutting to the ground?
Definition of crown imperial in:
- The British & World English dictionary