- 1 (Crown Jewels) The crown and other ornaments and jewelry worn or carried by the sovereign on certain state occasions: the Crown Jewels of the British monarchyMore example sentences
- Edinburgh Castle is home to Scotland's Crown Jewels, the oldest Royal Regalia in the UK.
- The Cullinan Diamond is on display at the Tower of London and is part of the British Crown Jewels.
- The Crown Jewels of the British monarchy have been around for over 800 years.
- 2A particularly valuable or prized possession or asset: one of Istanbul’s architectural crown jewels he is under pressure to sell the crown jewel of his retail empireMore example sentences
- Album of the Year is the crown jewel of music's biggest prize, and those albums are the best they could come up with in 2003.
- It's the crown jewel of media because they have a set of assets that's unmatched.
- The crown jewel of the telecom boom, a state-of - the-art cable system on the ocean floor capable of carrying 90 percent of the pacific telecom traffic.
- 2.1 (crown jewels) • humorous A man’s genitals.More example sentences
- Whether you choose to sunbathe ‘au naturel’ or to keep your crown jewels undercover, we look forward to welcoming you to Gran Canaria's only men-only complexes.
- The only thing Pete was flashing was his crown jewels after taking to the stage with his flies undone.
- It was quite hot that evening and not being a man to restrict his crown jewels in boxers all night, yours truly was sleeping in the buff.
More definitions of crown jewelDefinition of crown jewel in:
- The British & World English dictionary