The largest known pigeon, which has mainly bluish plumage and a tall, erect crest, and is found in New Guinea.
- Genus Goura, family Columbidae: three species, including theVictoria crowned pigeon (G. victoria)
More example sentences
- You can get your fill of toucans, hornbills, crowned pigeons, green pigeons (which are beautifully coloured), birds of paradise, parrots et al, but really it is not so different from any modern conventional zoo.
- Other modern representatives include the crowned pigeons of New Guinea and the tooth-billed pigeon of Samoa.
- Giant crowned pigeons, small wallaby kangaroos, cassowary birds, tree kangaroos, and wild boars are abundant within an hour's walk of the village.
Definition of crowned pigeon in:
- The British & World English dictionary