- Either of a pair of ligaments in the knee that cross each other and connect the femur to the tibia.More example sentences
- Hyperextension can result in injury to the anterior cruciate ligament or posterior cruciate ligament.
- Those which took longest to recover involved the anterior cruciate ligament and knee cartilage.
- Primary stabilizers of the knee are the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments, the medial and lateral collateral ligaments, and the capsular ligaments.
More definitions of cruciate ligamentDefinition of cruciate ligament in:
- The British & World English dictionary