- A representation of a cross with a figure of Jesus Christ on it.More example sentences
- They find him not as a dead Christ on a crucifix, but as a living Saviour, who is both willing and able to give them eternal life and peace with God.
- They do not even seem to allude to crucifixes or church buildings or vestments or liturgical practice.
- Examples of jewellery being worn other than for adornment, are necklaces such as the cross or crucifixes worn by Christians as potent religious symbols.
Middle English: via Old French from ecclesiastical Latin crucifixus, from Latin cruci fixus 'fixed to a cross'. Compare with crucify.
More definitions of crucifixDefinition of crucifix in:
- The British & World English dictionary