- Assorted raw vegetables served as an hors d’oeuvre, typically with a sauce into which they may be dipped.More example sentences
- The selection of vegetables includes crudités, such as carrots and celery, mesclun (mixed greens) and sliced tomatoes with pesto and grated Parmesan.
- Even the snacks are substantial - crudités with guacamole, and an enormous muffin, which despite being ‘wheat-free, gluten-free and dairy-free’ still manages to taste delicious.
- So don't ditch the fruit salad and crudités just yet.
plural of French crudité 'rawness, crudity', from Latin crudus 'raw, rough'.
More definitions of cruditésDefinition of crudités in:
- The British & World English dictionary