Definition of cruiserweight in English:
1 another term for light heavyweight.
- I fought as a cruiserweight, and I won the fight by 5th round Knockout.
- Today, Ali would be a ‘small Heavyweight ‘based on his peak weight and Joe Louis would be a cruiserweight at his best!’
- Last night in Reading, the powerful cruiserweight demonstrated to all just why many consider him to be the torchbearer for the future of British boxing.
1.1In professional boxing, a weight between light heavyweight and heavyweight, ranging from 175 to 190 pounds (79 to 85 kg).
- The American had never been stopped before in a career spanning over 50 fights, most of which were contested at light heavyweight and cruiserweight.
- Booth is one of the most experienced boxers in the country, having fought more than 100 fights and having challenged for British, European and Commonwealth titles at both light-heavyweight and cruiserweight.
- Like his counterpart Sugar Ray Leonard, he won multiple world titles in multiple weight divisions all the way up to cruiserweight.
Definition of cruiserweight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan