Definition of cruiserweight in English:
1 another term for light heavyweight.
- I fought as a cruiserweight, and I won the fight by 5th round Knockout.
- Today, Ali would be a ‘small Heavyweight ‘based on his peak weight and Joe Louis would be a cruiserweight at his best!’
- Last night in Reading, the powerful cruiserweight demonstrated to all just why many consider him to be the torchbearer for the future of British boxing.
1.1In professional boxing, a weight between light heavyweight and heavyweight, ranging from 175 to 190 pounds (79 to 85 kg).
- The American had never been stopped before in a career spanning over 50 fights, most of which were contested at light heavyweight and cruiserweight.
- Booth is one of the most experienced boxers in the country, having fought more than 100 fights and having challenged for British, European and Commonwealth titles at both light-heavyweight and cruiserweight.
- Like his counterpart Sugar Ray Leonard, he won multiple world titles in multiple weight divisions all the way up to cruiserweight.
Definition of cruiserweight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.