Definition of cruncher in English:
1A critical or vital point; a crucial or difficult question.
- But for me, this is the punchline cruncher: The House of Commons is, and will remain, a GM-free zone.
- And when you're done, I'd say you're half-way to getting the winner of that Turkey-England cruncher.
- It's the mental challenge that's the cruncher.
2A computer, system, or person able to perform operations of great complexity or to process large amounts of information: a global information cruncher See also number cruncher.
More example sentences
- PDA users have known for some time now that the devices are more than just contact database crunchers.
- Windows booted without any hiccups, and to test load performance I ran a cruncher (Seti@Home) on it for about 10 minutes before concluding that the new speeds were solid.
- You want proof this system was invented by a bunch of clueless numbers crunchers?
Definition of cruncher in:
- British & World English dictionary