Definition of cruncher in English:
1A critical or vital point; a crucial or difficult question.
- But for me, this is the punchline cruncher: The House of Commons is, and will remain, a GM-free zone.
- And when you're done, I'd say you're half-way to getting the winner of that Turkey-England cruncher.
- It's the mental challenge that's the cruncher.
2A computer, system, or person able to perform operations of great complexity or to process large amounts of information: a global information cruncher See also number cruncher.
More example sentences
- PDA users have known for some time now that the devices are more than just contact database crunchers.
- Windows booted without any hiccups, and to test load performance I ran a cruncher (Seti@Home) on it for about 10 minutes before concluding that the new speeds were solid.
- You want proof this system was invented by a bunch of clueless numbers crunchers?
Definition of cruncher in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan