Definition of crush space in English:
1Space in a motor vehicle between occupants and a point of impact that can absorb some of the shock of collision.
- But at Volvo, nothing is more sacred than human occupants, so powertrains are freely modified to add crush space or reduce cabin intrusion.
- Even if they could have shoehorned a conventional V - 8 into the engine compartment, it wouldn't leave enough crush space to absorb energy in a crash.
- In safety terms, that means plenty of "crush space," which softens the impact.
2Space in the common area of a performance venue that can accommodate the largest crowd expected.
- At the front of house, the scope of work planned includes: Reconfiguration of the Tay Street entrance to increase the crush space in the foyers.
- In the "crush space," a principal meeting place for students and faculty, full-height south-facing windows provide passive heating in winter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan