Definition of crusted in English:
1Having or forming a hard top layer or covering: she washed away the crusted blood
More example sentences
- The rain had soaked what was left of his dry goods - turning his corn flour into a crusted rock and his hard tack into mush.
- Grabbing a tissue from the desk she held Matt's head steady under the light, swabbing away at the crusted blood around his head. ‘What else did he take?’
- I frowned and felt more crusted blood on my chin.
1.1Denoting a style of unfiltered, blended port that deposits a sediment in the bottle.
- Until the cessation of bulk exports of port in 1997, crusted port was bottled in the UK.
- The only wines that need decanting - just before serving, please - are true vintage and crusted ports, or old reds such as claret that have thrown a bitty or fine sediment that gets stuck in the teeth, and can muddy the taste.
- She further stated that the only wines that ever require decanting are crusted ports and old reds that have thrown a sediment.
Definition of crusted in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.