- 1An apparatus for maintaining a very low temperature.More example sentences
- Temperature was controlled by a gold-chromel thermocouple at the base of the cryostat and monitored with an identical thermocouple immersed directly in the sample (approximately 3 mm above the illuminated volume) during measurement.
- The sample was then mounted in a cryostat and cooled down rapidly.
- The spectrometer was modified to incorporate an Oxford cryostat at the sample compartment.
- 1.1An apparatus for taking very fine slices of tissue while it is kept very cold.More example sentences
- Heads and bodies of wild-type flies were cut into 12-m sections using a cryostat and hybridized with the relevant probe.
- A post-doc was working on a cryostat, cutting microscopically thin sections of tissue.
- Smooth muscle area was determined in 8-m-thick cryostat lung sections.
More definitions of cryostatDefinition of cryostat in:
- The British & World English dictionary