1An underground room or vault beneath a church, used as a chapel or burial place.
- Thirteen additional art works were packed into the central aisle, adjacent chapels and underground crypts of the church.
- It is thought possible that the bones could have been buried beneath an old crypt under the original chapel or that they could have been moved from a nearby burial site.
- In the catacombs of the Capuchin crypt beneath Chiesa di Santa Maria della Concezione, Rome, the bones of 4000 monks are arranged in Baroque patterns on the ceilings.
2 Anatomy A small tubular gland, pit, or recess.
- The epithelium, often with villi, crypts, and glands, simulates the normal mucosa of the gut.
- There was no atypical gland or crypt abscess in the mucosa.
- The pharyngeal tonsil does not possess true crypts but rather widened ducts of underlying glands.
Words that rhyme with cryptconscript, encrypt, harelipped, hipped, script, unequipped, unwhipped
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.