Definition of cryptogamic in English:
1Of, relating to, or denoting cryptogams.
- Diacylglyceryltrimethylhomoserine is known to be an important component of cryptogamic plants, including bryophytes, but its physiological role is still uncertain.
- After this fact one need not be surprised at the diffusion of the far lighter and smaller sporules of cryptogamic plants.
- Today the cryptogamic herbarium consists of 7000 lichens and 1500 bryophytes and continues to grow.
1.1 Ecology (Of a desert soil or surface crust) covered with or consisting of a fragile black layer of cyanobacteria, mosses, and lichens, which is often important in preventing erosion.
- Formation of mature cryptogamic crust (dark ridges) typically requires decades free of disturbance.
Words that rhyme with cryptogamicaerodynamic, balsamic, ceramic, cycloramic, dynamic, hydrodynamic, Islamic, panoramic, psychodynamic, thermodynamic
Definition of cryptogamic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.