1A text written in code.
- Others look at security as a kind of puzzle, like the cryptograms on the comics page of the newspaper, only with more at stake.
- Melvin Way makes cryptograms in which he embeds formulas and diagrams intricately woven from letters, words, phrases, numbers, and designs.
- In a book like this, one would expect to discover some allegorical message or a hidden cryptogram.
2A symbol or figure with secret or occult significance.
- In his later years, he assembled a book of Biblical passages showing that his discoveries were a prelude to the Day of Judgment, and took to signing his name with an elaborate Christological cryptogram.
- The inverted five-pointed star, or Cross of Malta is used as a cryptogram for Baphomet.
- Bradley raised his arm and checked the tenderness of his forearm; four cryptograms were carved into his flesh.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of cryptogram in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.