Definition of cryptomeria in English:
A tall, conical, coniferous tree with long, curved, spirally arranged leaves and short cones. Native to China and Japan, it is grown for timber in Japan. Also called Japanese cedar.
- Cryptomeria japonica, family Taxodiaceae
- My soul was thrilled with the invigorating freshness of the verdure and moved by the echo in the mystic murmur of the ancient cryptomeria and camphor trees that half conceal the simple and sacred edifice.
- Tours of the grounds include a walk through a forest filled with pine, cryptomeria, acacia and a wide variety of other plants.
- Back on the path, he finds the cryptomerias crowding about him ever more thickly.
Words that rhyme with cryptomeriaAlgeria, anterior, bacteria, Bashkiria, cafeteria, criteria, diphtheria, exterior, hysteria, Iberia, inferior, interior, Liberia, listeria, Nigeria, posterior, Siberia, superior, ulterior, wisteria
Definition of cryptomeria in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan