A code name.
More example sentences
- In a few cases, I was asked to not use a cryptonym or to delete the name of a case officer or the country where he had served.
- The new project had been given an official cryptonym for use in cable traffic: Henceforth it would be known as HARDNOSE.
- One knew one's fellow students only by their cryptonyms and one did not ask them where they lived.
- More example sentences
- One unnamed, cryptonymous administration source said the report has already been optioned to Hollywood for an undisclosed sum.
- Mailer comes up with a truly ingenious plot device: Harvey assigns Harry to track down the cryptonymous C.I.A. file clerk who, as Harvey sees it, defied his authority; reluctantly, Harry must trail himself.
Definition of cryptonym in:
- The British & World English dictionary