- An aquatic invertebrate of the phylum Ctenophora, which comprises the comb jellies.More example sentences
- Through the course of this work it became apparent that one of these genes is present in vertebrates, jellyfish, ctenophores and sponges, but absent in the fly and nematode model systems.
- Data from sponges, ctenophores, and cnidarians are providing a glimpse into the some of the earliest events in Hox evolution.
- Cell-lineage studies of ctenophores, polyclad flatworms, nemertines and acoelomorph flatworms reveal important distinctions between mesodermal cells arising from ectoderm and those from endoderm.
More definitions of ctenophoreDefinition of ctenophore in:
- The British & World English dictionary