noun (plural cuatros)
- A small guitar, typically with four (or five) single or paired strings, used in Latin American and Caribbean folk music, especially in Puerto Rico.More example sentences
- The recording opens with an instrumental featuring the characteristic driving rhythmic beat of the cuatro, a small-sized guitar.
- The music is played on a small harp and a four-string guitar called the cuatro, with rattles for keeping the rhythm.
- Other musicians in the band are Simon Mendoza on keyboards, Raymond Edwards on bass, Robert Persaud on cuatro and rhythm guitar and Joel Peres on percussion.
Latin American Spanish, literally 'four'.
More definitions of cuatroDefinition of cuatro in:
- The British & World English dictionary