- A lively South American dance.More example sentences
- Visitors to the fair enjoy traditional crafts, sing the national anthem, dance the cueca, listen to folk music from the Andes and other parts of the country, and eat plenty of empanadas.
- During that day Chileans visit fondas (traditional palm-roofed shelters) where they eat empanadas (meat pastries), drink Chilean red wine, and dance the cueca, the country's national dance.
- The women, their partners in the cueca, the traditional Chilean courtship dance, must dance alone.
early 20th century: American Spanish, from zamacueca, also denoting a dance performed especially in Chile.
More definitions of cuecaDefinition of cueca in:
- The British & World English dictionary