- A system of voting in an election in which each voter is allowed as many votes as there are candidates and may give all to one candidate or varying numbers to several.More example sentences
- Just giving voters cumulative voting rights (where they can get all their votes to one candidate in a multi-member district) is the easiest way to get PR.
- The essence of cumulative voting is that, on the election of the directors, each voting share is allocated a number of votes equivalent to the number of directors to be elected.
- Illinois at the time operated under a unique system of electing its representatives, called cumulative voting.
More definitions of cumulative votingDefinition of cumulative voting in:
- The British & World English dictionary