noun (plural cumulonimbi /-ˈnimbī, -bē/)Meteorology
- A cloud forming a towering mass with a flat base at fairly low altitude and often a flat top, as in thunderstorms.More example sentences
- The rising air cools and produces towering cumulus and cumulonimbus clouds.
- The rising air is associated with a region of low air pressure, towering cumulonimbus clouds and rain.
- As air rises in a large cumulonimbus or thunderhead cloud condensation occurs and all three forms of water are present.
More definitions of cumulonimbusDefinition of cumulonimbus in:
- The British & World English dictionary