Definition of cup fungus in English:
A fungus in which the spore-producing layer forms the lining of a shallow cup.
- Several families in the orders Helotiales and Pezizales, phylum Ascomycota
- This fecund cup fungus was grooving along under some aspen trees in a burned area in Alaska.
- From the structure of a cup fungus, you will realise that many asci can simultaneously shoot their spores.
- You have all probably seen the frog in the cup fungus, but don't be fooled, that doesn't happen in nature.
Definition of cup fungus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan