A greenish-gray lichen that has small, cuplike structures arising from its spreading lobes and is found typically on heathland and moorland.
- Genus Cladonia, order Cladoniales: many species
More example sentences
- Early colonisers are matchstick lichens, followed by cup lichens and finally bearded lichens which reach their maximum development and cover after 10 years.
- Mosses and pixi cup lichens cohabit the top of an old spruce stump.
- The lichen flora of the bog is well developed with as many as 10 different species of Cladonia which include bearded lichen, antler horn lichen, cup lichen and matchstick lichen.
Definition of cup lichen in:
- The British & World English dictionary