A cabinet or closet, usually with a door and shelves, used for storage: a kitchen cupboard
More example sentences
- There is a large walk-in airing cupboard and a family bathroom on this floor.
- There is also a large built-in storage cupboard in the landing.
- A utility room off the kitchen includes a fitted broom cupboard, floor units and stainless steel sink.
the cupboard is bare
- There are no resources or money available for a particular purpose.More example sentences
- Second, Obama could be constrained by a simple fact: the cupboard is bare.
- The cupboard is bare, we've given all we've got.
- The cupboard is bare, the tank is empty.