noun[as modifier] Chemistry
- A complex ion, Cu(NH3)42+, formed in solution when ammonia is added to copper salts. The solution is deep blue and is used to dissolve cellulose.More example sentences
- By contrast, the cuprammonium rayon fibers are made from cotton linters as main raw material.
- If ammonia is added to a copper compound then a deep blue solution called cuprammonium hydroxide is formed.
- The two most commonly used production methods for rayon are the cuprammonium process and the viscose process.
More definitions of cuprammoniumDefinition of cuprammonium in:
- The British & World English dictionary