- Of copper with a valence of one; of copper(I).More example sentences
- These reactions depend on the ability of the reducing sugar to convert cupric sulfate to cuprous oxide with a resulting color change.
- The second is a group of cuprous [copper] oxide minerals, and ‘crepitus’ is an interesting medical word with two meanings that appear in the OED - with none in Webster's.
- Under magnification, these altered surfaces do not exhibit the naturally occurring corrosion layers, such as red cuprous oxide and green, basic copper carbonate, that might be expected.
More definitions of cuprousDefinition of cuprous in:
- The British & World English dictionary