nounBotany & Zoology
- A cup-shaped organ, structure, or receptacle in a plant or animal.More example sentences
- The ovule is surrounded by integument tissues which produce the seed coat, and in the earliest seed plants another layer called the cupule enclosed the entire ovule/seed.
- Thus, the cupule is a simple uniaxial structure.
- Lyginopterids bore cupules, which can be described as tulip shaped structures.
late Middle English: from late Latin cupula (see cupola).
More definitions of cupuleDefinition of cupule in:
- The British & World English dictionary