Definition of curbstone in English:
1A long, narrow stone or concrete block, laid end to end with others to form a curb.
- Brezhnev, who finally helped unseat him, recalled that Khrushchev had once called his Kremlin colleagues "dogs peeing on curbstones."
- One of them is a construction worker who can unload heavy curbstones by hand.
- Many towns are installing crisp new granite curbstones along their streets to replace the crumbling concrete that replaced earlier granite curbstones.
1.1 [as modifier] informal Unqualified; amateur: curbstone commentators
More example sentences
- Even in their first meeting on the street, he practically glows when referring to her ‘curbstone English, the English that will keep her all her days in the gutter.’
- I was also amazed that only one poll takes precautions against the ‘curbstone’ problem - which is when the interviewers just make the results up.
Definition of curbstone in:
- British & World English dictionary