Definition of curdle in English:
Separate or cause to separate into curds or lumps: [no object]: take care not to let the soup boil or it will curdle [with object]: making cheese by curdling milk
More example sentences
- The curd which is half curdled has been considered as a totally unwholesome food item.
- There are records of cheesemakers is the Scottish Highlanders, Cheshire and Gloucestershire using Lady's Bedstraw to curdle milk and colour their cheese.
- If the tub can be left for a decent period of time in direct sunlight, so the cream begins to separate and curdle, all the better.
late 16th century: frequentative of obsolete curd 'congeal'.
- Example sentences
- Used at night, the curdler unit can produce a voodoo effect used to break up chanting, singing and clapping.
- The squawk box or sound curdler uses two loudspeakers of 350 watt output to emit two slightly different frequencies which combine in the ear to produce a shrill shrieking noise.
- The most dangerous blood curdlers are anger and stress.
Pronunciation: /ˈkərdlər, ˈkərdl-ər/noun