Definition of curdle in English:
Separate or cause to separate into curds or lumps: [no object]: take care not to let the soup boil or it will curdle [with object]: making cheese by curdling milk
More example sentences
- The curd which is half curdled has been considered as a totally unwholesome food item.
- There are records of cheesemakers is the Scottish Highlanders, Cheshire and Gloucestershire using Lady's Bedstraw to curdle milk and colour their cheese.
- If the tub can be left for a decent period of time in direct sunlight, so the cream begins to separate and curdle, all the better.
late 16th century: frequentative of obsolete curd 'congeal'.
- Example sentences
- Used at night, the curdler unit can produce a voodoo effect used to break up chanting, singing and clapping.
- The squawk box or sound curdler uses two loudspeakers of 350 watt output to emit two slightly different frequencies which combine in the ear to produce a shrill shrieking noise.
- The most dangerous blood curdlers are anger and stress.
Pronunciation: /ˈkərdlər, ˈkərdl-ər/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan