- A decorative curl or twist in calligraphy or in the design of an object.More example sentences
- I guess I've always thoughtlessly assumed they were decorative, like curlicues and friezes.
- There are parchments of painstaking calligraphy, replete with fabulous swirls and curlicues, and magic carpets wider than the Bosphorus.
- From one perspective, the looping appendages and curving elements suggest the handles and decorative curlicues of a Rococo urn.
More definitions of curlicueDefinition of curlicue in:
- The British & World English dictionary