- A capital resembling a cushion pressed down by a weight, seen particularly in Romanesque churches.More example sentences
- Decoration is a mixture of Islamic geometric patterns fused with more typical Coptic portraits and Aksumite cushion capitals.
- Inside, the chancel arch is Norman in inspiration with its cushion capitals and chevron decoration.
- Windows were deeply recessed into the exposed masonry walls with stone cushion capitals between them.
More definitions of cushion capitalDefinition of cushion capital in:
- The British & World English dictionary