- another term for torsk.More example sentences
- ‘Back then, there was lots of groundfish,’ Bud recalls, ‘and we salted cod, hake, and cusk for the West Indies market, and also sold herring fillets in the States.’
- Burbot, commonly referred to as ‘cusk,’ is the only truly freshwater member of the cod family, Gadidae.
- Cusk eels and catfish eels are not true eels, but species of fish which bear some resemblance to eels, although more to cusk and catfish respectively.
early 17th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of cuskDefinition of cusk in:
- The British & World English dictionary