Definition of cuss in English:
1An annoying or stubborn person or animal: he was certainly an unsociable cuss
More example sentences
- Which reminds me: he could be a stubborn cuss, too.
- A stubborn cuss, who would never accept what I didn't believe, and could not be beaten into believing it, or appearing to believe it.
- Stubborn cusses that they are, those dogmatic mathematicians insisted on using the old, messy value of pi.
verbBack to top
another term for curse (sense 2) of the verb).
- Except they were so loud we couldn't hear Pink Floyd and various people started swearing and cussing.
- I was cussing them and swearing never to watch the show again because the fix was in.
- They drew swords, and fought fiercely, cussing and insulting each other as swiftly as they threw blows.
Definition of cuss in:
- British & World English dictionary