Definition of cussed in English:
Stubborn; annoying: why do you have to be so cussed?
More example sentences
- Eventually, the Mail succumbed, a victim of increased competition, incompetent, unsympathetic executives, in - house spies and its cussed refusal to play the government game.
- Now I'll admit to being one of those cussed types that supports the underdog, especially if the underdog refuses to tune the guitar properly, but sometimes you have to shut up, listen and watch your prejudices burn away.
- That cussed attitude was latent in the club but we've managed to get it back.
Mid 19th century (originally US): variant of cursed.
- Example sentences
- With a bigger squad than ever before and less games in a shorter time, this was always going to be a difficult tour, yet Lenihan's organisation was cussedly obtuse, and the Irishman was the dominant figure behind the scenes.
- Even the most cussedly autonomous ombudsmen can't help reflecting and defending the values of their colleagues.
- Save for one disastrous half against England, they have been ruggedly and cussedly competitive against all-comers.
- Example sentences
- Mercifully, amid this sea of grey conformity, there are a few non-apparatchiks with the savvy and cussedness to highlight awkward issues without bothering to worry about being caned by that tyrant.
- Not until he turns to walk back to the house does he reveal the mixture of cussedness and sheer obstinacy that makes him try to climb the highest peaks in the racing landscape.
- It can be viewed as yet another manifestation of the awkwardness, or cussedness, of organisms.
Words that rhyme with cussedcursed
Definition of cussed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan